Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stacked Frames

I am so thrilled with the way these stacked frames turned out. And they were super simple, too! I can't wait to finish painting the hall so we can get them up.


I am currently obsessed with all thing monogram, so I definitely love the "L" addition to the outside of the glass on the family photo.


And, because I adore my kiddos (when they are not trying to kill each other or me) this sheet of gold My Mind's Eye paper was perfect for one of my favorite pictures of them.



Supplies:
  • 2 each 12" x 12" frame
  • 2 each 5" x 5" frame
  • 2 each 12" x 12" scrapbook paper - I used My Mind's Eye
  • 2 each 5" x 5" coordination scrapbook paper
  • strong adhesive (I used E6000) or adhesive backed hook and loop
  • pictures cropped to 3.5"
  • chipboard monogram letter
  • acrylic paint
  • Liquid Glass
To make frames:
  1. Place 12" x 12" scrapbook paper in each frame
  2. Cut coordinating paper to small frame size
  3. Adhere cropped picture to center of coordinating paper and place in frame
  4. Adhere small frame to outside center of large frame glass. If plan on changing out the picture or paper in the small frames, use small pieces of adhesive backed hook and loop on the back of the small frame and glass of the large frame. I love these and don't plan on changing them out so I glued the small frame to the large frame glass with E6000. You may need to remove the table stand leg from the back of the small frame before adhering to the large frame, also.
  5. For the monogram letter, you can used pre-finished or create your own. I made my L by painting a plain chipboard letter with black acrylic craft paint and covering with Liquid Glass to give it shine.
  6. Adhere letter to outside glass of large frame with strong glue. Again, I used E6000.
I have actually had these frames done  for over a year after seeing something similar at my local Craft Warehouse and being inspired. I finally found the time to crop and print the pictures I wanted to put in them in. Now to get them hung...

No comments: